On birthday
Some people felt that a birthday is a very special day; some others said it’s just an ordinary day. It depend on the family background, social culture, environment networks, etc. (maybe geographically also count?) I guess many of us had a more cheerful birthday celebration (and many gifts :)) during childhood than in adulthood.
Well, I had birthday party in kindergarten where I receive gifts from all classmate students (it’s kind of compulsory, actually – since my mom also had to bought gifts for other classmates birthday ^ ^). Teenage… only dinner with family, and sometimes lunch-treat for few friends… plus ‘disiram air kolam + macem-macem’ :). Later older, dinners with boyfriend added to the day.
I reckon many birthday surprises we gave each other within my “Bazarlaan Consensus” floor-mates and friends gank in ISS, Den Haag during almost two years. New crazy ideas that never been guessed by the birthday girl/guy remains in our heart. Lucky me, I was the first birthday-try and it’s success… and I got 2 birthday surprises during the years :).
Nowadays, I did receive gifts from my colleague-friends. This year… two weeks before my birthday (as it was collective lunch-birthday), all five of us get a funny framed-cartoon-look-alike-photo of all the local staffs in our floor! Thanks all for the September-October B’day Bash!!
Today, I feel like it’s just ordinary day even though a little bit happy coz it’s also special day. Many errands, many requests, many follow-up matter, many overseas work-calls, many work-emails…
My husband already away for out-of country-course for 6 weeks, but an Hallmark e-card already there (as usual, he’s always Hallmark ^ ^). Now I still in the office 2.5 hours after our official clock-out time in Ramadhan, alone in my Unit. Had a cake + a bottle of water with me for breaking puasa. Something came out this afternoon that I had to cover while my boss out of town. Hmm… dirty works and wash the dishes always come to us while the host of party is not around and had made a mess!! So I am caught here, while my work plan for today not completed. Had to cancel for a hair-cut and delay evening play-time with my cute chubby Tabina – hope she still awake after I finish my 2 hours traffic-jam driving later.
Anyway, always find some fun and cheer time today. Many birthday wishes directly or through phone, SMS, email, Friendster… also from friends in other countries. Also for Nurul, Yanti who had left your words & wishes in this blog. Many thanks yaaa…. :)
I still want many things, want to do many actions, have many dreams;
but at this point, alhamdulillah, I think I had it all...
*pulang ah, takut ada gempa susulan.. tadi walau bentar lumayan juga nih kerasa dari lantai atas gini*

<< Home