Monday, August 28, 2006

Boulevard of Broken Dream

I always liked this song by Green Day. And that day I felt like then I know why I like this song.

I walk a lonely road

The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But its home to me and I walk alone

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
When the city sleeps
And I'm the only one and I walk alone

I walk alone, I walk alone
I walk alone, I walk a...

My shadow's only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
Til then I walk alone

I'm walkin down the line
That divides me somewhere in my mind
On the border line
Of the edge and where I walk alone

That day at that end of August, the streets of KL felt like my Boulevard of Broken Dreams. As I walked exploring the tourism spots with my backpack and travelling on my ‘shoestring’, the sunny KL felt nothing. The crowd seemed quiet and I felt drain inside. Far from everywhere and everyone, I really walked alone felt alone, but somehow enjoying and try to accept the loneliness.