Post-lebaran Stress
Monday, 6 November 2006
Hari Raya Aidil Fitri just passed… One week Lebaran holiday was great.
Now back to daily life. Most of the people went back to their home town (mudik or pulang kampung), including the supporting staffs such as maids, babysitters, drivers, guards. And this for many mothers and housewives – especially working mum – in the cities could be a problem.
Many working mum take extra leave, not to enjoy more fun of Hari Raya, but usually due their maids and/or babysitters coming back late. And if they don’t come back at all…. urrrgh… disaster!!
Like mine – both of them do not come back to work. One coz suddenly has got married, and the other had family problem. Well what can we do; it’s life and sooner or later these things inevitably may happen.
Thank God, at least I already get another replacement. But the most difficult thing is to leave my daughter with someone else that we don’t really know. My parents and parent-in-law stay in another cities, and I cannot count on them. My daughter is just 2-years-5-months old, and she is very active, likes to try and learn many new things, likes reading books, jumping around, singing and talks a lot. Gosh… how can I leave her to work with someone new?!
But that’s life. Today I’m staying at home and taking leave to teach the new maid and babysitter, and to familiarize them and my daughter with the new condition and habit. So far looks good, my daughter is an easily adapt toddler and doesn’t show rejection. Still, maybe it’s also coz I’m around so it’s fine with here to play and chat with the new babysitter.
But tomorrow when I will start practicing to leave her at home… Gosh, I don’t know..!
I think many times I was tough enough, and it’s also because I have supports from people around me who I trust, including my maid and babysitter. But now…maaan… I’d rather have tough meeting, difficult mission, hard interview or difficult task than leaving Tabina at home. This really STRESSFULl!
I know, many working mum have done that and don’t have a choice. If things are easier, I don’t mind leaving my job and stay at home taking care of my beloved toddler. Well, anyways it’s an option that I have to take later if things don’t work. It’s just now things are complicated, especially with ‘contract’ due to my course abroad last month.
Wish me luck…
Tuesday, 7 November 2006
When she woke up this morning, I carefully inform her that I had to work and leave her at home with the new babysitter:
Mbak Tabina, hari ini Ibu pergi ke kantor ya..
Mbak Tabina hari ini main sama Teteh Ntur ya
And she responded:
Eh Ibu! Belum ganti baju!
...with the tone that she ordered I should dress up to go to work!
Oh, I feel melted, she is so understanding.
And today as I left her half-day, she was okay, cheerful as usual, didn’t cry or rewel. Alhamdulillah.

<< Home